Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"High School Seniors Predict Their Future"

Seniors in high school have a lot to think about for their future; I find it interesting how some of the seniors view themselves ten years from now. One senior named Damion Dumas sees himself being a school counselor because he always shows people care. I think think it's nice how he still wants to go back to school after he will finally graduate from it! That seems crazy to me, to want to go back to school after being there for twelve years, but I guess that's how all teacher must be if they're willing to come back and work with students. I think it's kind of inronic how Jeremy Land wants to be an emergency medical technician, but he comes off as a very layed-back person who doesn't deal with emergency situations often. There is a wide variety of motives driving these senior high school students to their goals. Tri Li's motivation is fame and fortune to become a docter, whereas Tudel Riek just wants to make his parents proud of him. I think I identify with Andrew Benedict-Pillipp in that we are both undecided on where we will be in ten years. But for the motives behind their goal I side more with Zach Peterson because we both want to help people in whatever the career.
To be honnest I don't know where I will be in ten years. My hope is that I will be graduated from high school and college and I will have a job that I genuinely enjoy. Where ever I end up I want to make sure I don't become so consumed with the ways of the world and forget who I am and what I'm living for. I do enjoy working with kids so that is a possibility for my future career, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment