Monday, May 2, 2011

"Do Hard Things" pages 167-210

In these chapters they talk about how Jesus tells us that we are the salt of the earth and once the salt loses its saltiness it is hard to become salty again. Jesus goes on to say that it is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. What Jesus says here stings a little bit, because I know that I don't want to be something that Jesus thinks isn't good for anything. I want to be a person that Jesus is proud of and can say well done to me at the end of this life. Jesus also compares us to light, saying that we are the light of the world and that we should shine to show everyone our good deeds and praises of our Father.

In the next chapter, they talk about the accomplishments of other young people that have done hard things too. These stories have blown me away; it's amazing to think that people my age are doing things so large and Godly. It inspires me to want to do similar things to praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment