Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Blog Post!

Throughout this year I've read a lot of books for blogging for this class. I added up a rough estimate of how many pages I've read this year and I came up with around 1,415 pages. I finished almost every book that I started except for the first book I started to read which was called "A Long Way Gone" and the reason why I didn't finish that book was because it wasn't very interesting to me in the beginning. I'm sure it got better if you kept reading, but it didn't interest me right away so I decided to start a different book. The other book I didn't finish was "My Sister's Keeper" which I am going to finish, but didn't have enough time in the year to keep blogging about it.

When I would read for this class I would usually read in my room. If I were to read anywhere else I would get too distracted and wouldn't be able to comprehend what I'm reading. I can't read with music one, it has to be completely quiet usually for me to be able to read effectively. I would usually read at night before bed because that's the time where I can relax and enjoy my book the most. If the book was at it's climax any time I had free time I would find myself reading it. I would turn my phone on silent and put it out of reach from my bed so I wouldn't be tempting to check it. Depending on the book, I would get really into my reading if it was an intense part. I would talk about the books I was reading with my friends or family. A lot of the books I read this semester were about Christian things so I would even discuss issues from that with people at my church and in my Bible study to compare the different views. It is fairly easy to find books that interest me because I can just go into the Family Christian Book Store and look around and find a book that intrigue me.
Word count: 352

No comments:

Post a Comment