Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crazy Love pages 1-38

I started a new book called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan because a few of my friends have read it and said it was amazing. I'm still reading "Doctrine", but I'm just switching on and off. The first chapter is called "Stop Praying", which I thought was interesting considering this was written by a famous Christian speaker. When I started reading I understood what he meant by stop praying. Francis meant that we should stop talking at God, and instead we should just sit in awe of him. He says that we as praying Christians do so much talking at God and so little listening to him. Chan goes on to talk about how it is so easy for us to forget to thank God and to talk to him. God has made thousands of galaxies, and He is uncomprehendabley huge, but still we seem to forget about him. I am this way too, I get so caught up in the little things in my life that I sometimes forget that God is so much bigger than I am. Francis made a good point when he said that it confuses us when loving God is hard. It should be so easy to love such an incredible, loving God, but it's hard. We get so caught up in thinking about what he don't have instead of all of the things we do have. I really liked the quote from A. W. Tozer; he says "...and the most portentous fact about any man is not what he at a given time may say or do, but what he in his deep heart concieves God to be like". I especially liked this quote because it is very true; just because people may seem like they are a strong Christian and always seem to say the right Christian things doesn't neccessarily mean that in their heart it is the same. And since God is the only one who can see our hearts, he is the only one worthy of judging us in the end of our life. Francis quoted this from Hebrews 4:13, "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account". Too often we forget that no matter how hard we try to cover something up, God can always see it, and already knows it. Even though we can fool our peers about what we are really thinking, or our true intentions, God always knows our real thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment