Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crazy Love pages 39-64

This book amazes me everytime I sit down to read it. It makes me think ten times deeper about life than I ever thought was needed. Francis made a very good point about how we think that our lives are so important, but really they are just a vapor, and we tend to live as though we will live forever. Chan says that we tend to get caught up in our busy lives and feel that we have an excuse to disobey, or forget about God. I'm definitely guilty of this, I think that everything I'm obligated to do needs to get done before I can spend time with God, but really in the end He is the only thing that matters. I worry about a lot of things in my life, whether I will do well on a test, whether I will be successful in the future; I realized that when we stress and worry about those things we are doubting God's power. We tend to forget that He has already planned out our whole lives, and he know exactly what's going to happen in it, so we should just trust him with our whole life. Another awesome point that Francis brought up, that I've heard and thought about before, is that this life is about God, not me. We always think that the little things about us are what matters in our life, but the only thing that does matter is living a life for God. One thing that kind of scared me during my reading was when Francis said that so many funerals are full of people who have to make up nice things to say about the dead person because they can't think of any real nice things to say about them. And of course you can't say anything bad about the person who has just died, so people are put in the position to make the person seem like a better person than they actually were. I would really hate it my funeral was like that. I want people to say genuinely nice and true things about me; I want everyone to know the same "me". I try to be the same person around everyone, but that gets hard when peer pressure and society seemingly forces us to act different ways than how we really act.

No comments:

Post a Comment