Friday, February 11, 2011

Crazy Love pages 113-128

This chapter was probably one of my favorites so far. It's called "Your Best Life...Later" and it talked about how we must live our lives on earth in order to spend eternity with God. One statement that really stuck out to me was when Francis Chan said, "Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers". This really stuck out to me because it is so true. Our lives as Christians shouldn't look like everyone else's, they should reflect the fact that we find love in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Having faith often means doing things that others see as crazy. The verse: 1 John 2:6 says, "whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did". This makes me reevalute my life and see if I am really doing all I can to try to live a life like Jesus did; and if i'm being honest, most of the time it doesn't look like that. It is so hard to put aside our fears of what other people will think of us if we do certain things, but we can find joy in the fact that we will be rewarded in heaven for the things we do to glorify God on earth.
This next thing that Chan talked about blew my mind. He asked the question, "How would your life change if you actually thought each person you came into contact with as Christ?". I know I definitely don't treat every person how I would treat Christ if he was human flesh again. That really makes me want to change and treat even the most annoying kid in class as if he was Christ. Doing this takes a lot of patience and love, but if Christ did it then we should strive to do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment