Monday, February 21, 2011

Doctrine pages 175-208

This is the sixth chapter in this book and it's called, covenant: God Pursues. Before I start talking about what I read in this chapter, I wanted to point out that at the beginning of each chapter there is a picture on the first page. This chapter's picture is of a man (I'm guessing he is supposed to represent Jesus) who is laying down with a cloud of smoke floating up from him. He looks very fatiged and in need of healing. I just thought I would share the pictures in the chapters because I think they get me thinking before I even start reading the chapters.

This chapter started out with the verse from Exodus 6:7, "I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God". I love this verse because it reminds me that God didn't just create us and then abandon us here on this crazy earth; he is here with us always and he will always be our God.

This chapter brought up the point that no matter how badly someone has sinned against us, nothing compares to the sin we have committed against God. God did nothing but bless us and pour his grace out on us and our response is to sin agaisnt him. And even after God has given us all of this and we chose to respond with sin he goes even further to give us a convenant, his saving, glorious, and loving covenant. The rest of this chapter painted a really good picture of what the covenant is and why God gave us his covenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment