Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crazy Love pages 99-112

This chapter is called “When You’re in Love”, and when I first heard the title I thought this would be about our earthly relationships with one another, but I was wrong. This chapter was all about being in love with God, and what that love should look like. It blows my mind that God actually wants a relationship with me; the almighty, powerful, perfect God wants me. The part that makes me feel bad is that He wants me, but sometimes I find myself forgetting about him. It seems crazy to think that we as humans on earth could ever forget about God because he is everywhere and he reveals himself through his works. One thing it said in this chapter that I liked was when it said “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you”. I like this a lot because it says God’s love is better than life itself; life is all we can see, so it seems to be all we ever pay attention too, but his love is way better than even life. The second part of that quote kind of makes me sad because I see so many people in my school who claim to be Christians and believe in Christ, but they use his name in vain every day, or they cuss and use vulgar language.
One of the subtitles in this chapter said “Help! I Don’t Love You”, which makes us feel kind of embarrassed because how could we not love such a loving and perfect God? It said that we need God’s help to get us to love him. This statement is true because we as imperfect, sinful people can’t love him without his help.
One thing that always comforts me whenever I hear it is in Luke chapter 6 verse 23 which says this, “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven”. This verse is a great reminder that we shouldn’t be discouraged by people on earth who try to condemn us for loving God because our reward for it will be in heaven when we can spend eternity praising Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment